Tuesday, January 30, 2007

pats lose, stream of visitors, Garfunkel, giant squirrels, etc

Hi there. Yeah I know, I haven't blogged in a while. In case you haven't heard: The Pats lost to the Colts in the AFC Championship game 9 days ago, after blowing a 21-3 lead. But I'm over it--I swear.

Irene's sister Helen and our brother-in-law Martin were visiting us from Ann Arbor for the past 2 weeks. They were in town for a Librarian conference (they both work in the University of Michigan Library system). Hot on their heels, our friends Lorraine and Rob from Ireland arrive tomorrow evening. We're not used to having back to back guests this time of year but it's been a fun and hectic month. My sister Geegy was also in town from Christmas thru January 8.


These 2 funny articles from The Onion both mention Beefside, a legit Concord fast food place we used to go to in high school - they were the only local place open past midnight:

10-Percent Tip Teaches Waitress Valuable Lesson

Area Family's Trip To New Hampshire Sparks Rumors Of Presidential Bid


If you've noticed how Irene likes to list the books she's read each month on our little blog here, she's not the first one to come up with the idea. We learned recently that Art Garfunkel has been keeping track since the late 60's. Seems like he's had a lot of time on his hands.


Last thing: Lorraine sent me this pic today - they've had some trouble with R.O.U.S.'s in the Cork area recently:

No comments: