I might have made it too but when my original 30Gig model (with ~6500 songs) crapped out in September, I bought one of the new 80Gig ones, which had 11,940 songs on it by the end of '06.
As of 12/31/06 I was up to song #6457 of the 11940, just beyond half way. The song was "Money" by Will.I.Am of the Black Eyed Peas from the "Future Soundtrack for America" CD released by local label Barsuk Records in 2004 to raise money to beat Bush. Didn't work but there are some good songs on it anyway.
Shameless namedrop: Barsuk was founded by Emily Alford, who I worked with at Amazon, and her husband Josh Rosenfeld. They've got lots of bands we like on their label: The Long Winters, Nada Surf, They Might be Giants, and originally signed Death Cab for Cutie (who just moved to Atlantic for major bucks).
Now where was I? oh yeah, since the new one is 80G, I've continued to load lots more stuff on it, like all the Cds Irene and I got for Christmas, and now have 12,486 songs. I don't think I'll ever actually listen to everything on it, unless I stop loading stuff now, but I love buying Cds too much to do that
Pats-Jets playoff game is this Sunday. My prediction? PAIN! sorry - went a little Clubber Lang for a sec there. seriously though, pats will win.
I'll be at the Seahawks-Cowboys game tomorrow night - seems like we'll have another monsoon blowing through this weekend - AWESOME - BLACKOUT BOWL II! Time to break out the long johns & trash bag raingear.

2 comments:
And I thought I was the mental one with all my lists. Of course, I'm subjected to Jim's Ipod Project A-Z whenever we're in the car/
Looks like you had a good football weekend. The seahawks were very lucky to escape with a win, maybe the luck will continue in the form of another meltdown performance by Rex Grossman.
Post a Comment