Friday, March 30, 2007

4 Hours at SLC

Jim's on his way to ATL to see the Hoyas go all the way. Instead of dropping a grand for airline tickets, Jim used his miles to book the flight to Atlanta. He's flying first class, but he has a four-hour layover in Salt Lake City. He's keeping himself hydrated at the Northwest/Delta lounge with the complimentary Makers Marks (all for the low low admission rate of $25 -- suckers!) Jim can attest that not much is happening in SLC. No food was offered in the lounge so Jim ventured out into the terminal looking for food. When flying, Jim and I always end up having a meal at Burger King, and tonight was no different. The highlight of the meal was the employees at the Burger King. There were 2 guys and 1 small Asian gal. One of the guys called the girl "Chinita," which seemed a little too familiar for co-workers. But lo-and-behold, when Jim had a chance to look at her name badge, her name was Chinita. Chinita is Spanish for saying "Chinese girl" in an affectionate way. That name has now officially gone straight to the top of my list of possible girl names when Jim and I ever have kids. At my first job in Seattle, there was a guy named Juan who used to call me Chinita. I always that it was a funny nickname. I mean it's like calling every little white girl "Whitie." How un-pc?!

2 comments:

Bob said...

Guess I can' use "Chinita" for a boat name since you've already claimed it.

Fred's Mom said...

What about Filipinita?