Friday, November 09, 2007

Happy Birthday Jim!

It's Jim's birthday today. Our plans have been thrown off since I've hit a rough patch in my pregnancy.

My blood pressure has slowly been creeping up over the last few weeks, and I've been prescribed bed rest. This isn't great timing since I had planned to work through Thanksgiving which is 2 weeks away. I haven't even started transitioning work to others. This morning I went in for a non-stress test so they can monitor the baby's heart rate. During the test, I found out that I'm having contractions. It looks like the baby may come earlier than its due date, December 5th. I got to meet the doctor on call this weekend, in case I have to go in, but I really hope I won't be in the hospital so soon.

For Jim's birthday, we were supposed to go have lobster rolls at the only place in Seattle that has them. I feel bad that I couldn't join him, and I'm not sure what mood I'll be in to celebrate later today.

1 comment:

Jack and Alex Manning said...

I wish I'd seen your blog sooner - this is exactly what happened with me! Because they couldn't bring my bp down from 150/100 - even with hospitalized bedrest, Alex came 3.5 weeks early. So pleased to see that yours came down!

Peryl