Monday, November 05, 2007

Amazing Race 12

Last night CBS kicked off the 12th season of The Amazing Race. Luckily for viewers, ratings were so poor for Viva Laughlin that it got canceled after 2 shows and CBS decided to air TAR12 instead. The teams are definitely starting to look like all other reality shows where at least half of them are cast for their looks alone. How else would you explain the number of teams from the Los Angeles/Southern Calif. area?

Jim and I really enjoyed that Ireland was the first country on the show. Having only been there a few years ago, it brought back fond memories of our trip. We made that drive to Rossaveel to get on the ferry to Innishmore. Sorry to say we didn't stop at the church, but we did see other ruins there. We got a real laugh when one of the team pronounced "Galway" as "Gallaway" as they kept driving in the wrong direction.

We're keeping our fingers crossed that they'll hit other countries we've been to.

I'm secretly rooting for the Goths from Kentucky. How long are they going to keep up with their makeup while on the run? Can't wait for the first detour/road block in the water. I had high hopes for the grandfather/grandson team because we found out that it's Robbie Fulks' son and father-in-law. But after previews for next week's episode, I have a bad feeling about that team.

1 comment:

KChick said...

I agree with the tired casting-- I mean, ANOTHER Team Blonde? And like the last one, I can't tell these girls apart. The Playboy Mansion? Puh-leeze. The team that got eliminated looked like it had potential to be entertaining, so too bad about that. I'm rooting for the Tacoma dad/daughter, just for local pride. But I also like the grandpa/grandson team. The goths seem too clean to me-- like what would happen if Disney had goths as characters in their parks. And they keep talking about their gothy-ness, which would get boring to hear about if you were around them for any length of time. And of course, Ben and I can never get enough of the whiny bickering of couples deciding whether to commit or not. We always end up voting NOT, and they end the show talking about how great they are together.