Thursday, August 10, 2006

They're on the pitch


It's been a long week where I haven't been going to bed before midnight. To quote Sergeant Roger Murtaugh, "I'm too old for this sh**." Last night Jim and I went to the soccer match with Real Madrid v. DC United. It was a friendly game, and the score was 1-1 draw. Both teams had scored early in the first half, and they went into defensive mode for the rest of the game. Not too exciting but it was definitely fun. There were over 66,000 fans at the game; arguably the most diverse crowd I've ever seen at a professional sports event in Seattle. Phew -- there are poc's (people of color for those who didn't know) in Seattle.

I had a hard time finding pictures of the Real Madrid team. I guess they keep a tight leash on these things. I did find a photo of some of the players in Seattle walking along First Avenue. Do you think they just came out of the gun exchange or at the adult video store?

No comments: