my stream of consciousness, larry king-style:
Mom & Reg are here this weekend. They arrived last night and will be here til tuesday 8/8. Going to Ms-TB Monday night with them and Geegy & Mike. Was mom's 65th bday on Monday 7/31 but I promised not to tease her about being an official senior citizen, so I won't. Fred the cat, this blog's namesake, became a teenager that same day, so happy birthday to mom & fred. Happy 13th anniversary to ML & Julie too. Irene & I are heading up to Vancouver tomorrow to see Morty & Kate. Mom & Reg decided to hang in Seattle rather than sit in the car another 6-7 hours, since they'll be driving off to CA Tuesday and did the FL-NH drive in the past couple weeks.
That's it for now except for this important warning from a frommers email newsletter I received today:
Potato Chip Scams
"Other than the taxi drivers, only one other thing upset me about Praha; When you sit down at a restaurant, you'll find potato chips in a basket. You'd think those stale potato chips -- and the unrequested bread they later bring to the table -- are on the house. But no! Whether you eat the chips and bread or not, they still charge you. It's just a few dollars, but you still feel like you've been taken. TIP: Ask the server to remove the potato chips before you sit down, and say "no thank you" to the bread."
I think my favorite part is how the author linked potato chips to the photo he took, you know, as a public service, just in case anyone was puzzled about how to avoid this scam because of unfamiliarity with what Czech bowls of chips might look like.
Friday, August 04, 2006
stuff I've been meaning to blog plus Prague potato chip scam
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment