Thursday, October 16, 2008

CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?!

The sox freaking won tonight! They trailed 7-0 with 2 outs in the bottom of the 7th & won 8-7 after scoring 4 in the 7th, 3 in the 8th and 1 in the 9th--UN-BE-FREAKING-LIEVABLE!! I called my dad right after it ended & woke him up--he went to sleep when they were down 7-0 in the 7th. He seemed kind of groggy but I think he was glad I called.
More about my dad - he was at the 9-1 Sox loss in ALCS game 3 on Monday, and of course went to the 19-8 rain delayed marathon loss with my brother & me a couple weeks ago, so if you have tickets to a game the rest of this year--don't invite him, he may be a jinx!!!

Now on to Tampa for game 6 & (we hope) game 7. Can't wait for Saturday!

UPDATE friday morning 9:45AM*****************************************
Sports Guy wrote a great piece about the comeback. (I especially like the line about Manny's playoffs OPS being almost as high as sports guy's freshman GPA--I can relate)
My experience watching the game was similar except instead of calling my dad to see if he was still watching (he was asleep remember), I was texting my friend Eddie to make sure he was. At one point Eddie told me that if he could have gotten the remote away from his dad, he would have changed it. Also a great running description of the game from the Boston Globe here.

No comments: