Thursday, October 16, 2008

Birthday Ideas

The Red Sox must have known that Irene's birthday is this week when they sent me this email. The hard part will be figuring which Red Sox gear to buy for her.In other news, the Sox face elimination tonight, down 3 games to 1 against Tampa Bay in the ALCS, so they need to win 3 in a row to make the World Series. They've come back from deficits like this twice in the past 5 years, so if there's any team that can do it, it's the Sox, but most Sox fans I've talked to are pretty pessimistic, since they got crushed the last 2 games, both at home. I'll be watching for sure--hopefully they won't be down 5-0 by the 3rd inning like in the last 2 games. GO SOX!

***************************UPDATE 9:45 PM Eastern time****************************
Sox were down 5-0 after 3 innings just like I was afraid of, and are still down 5-0 in the 5th. Tito just took Dice-K out of the game. So it looks like "wait til next year" time--this blows

No comments: