The pediatrician mentioned that there's a handful of foods that I can try to avoid to see what is causing the allergic reactions in Iris. So today marks my first day of not eating dairy, eggs, soy, nuts, and seafood. I have to reintroduce each food one at a time to see if Iris develops any allergic reactions. This process will take few weeks. Now I have to figure out what to eat for breakfast that doesn't include dairy, eggs or nuts (any suggestions? Jim has suggested oatmeal. I'm not looking forward to eating just oatmeal for the next few weeks). I had a banana for breakfast this morning, and I was picking over my granola mix to avoid nuts. Of course, I could continue to eat everything and anything if Iris was on strictly formula, but I'm committed to breastfeeding until she can eat solid foods which is about 2 months away.
I saw this picture and it made me smile and laugh at the same time. I had stopped eating sushi while pregnant, and had looked forward to eating it again once Iris was born. But now I'm off it again.
No comments:
Post a Comment