Georgetown's "reward" for finishing first in the Big East regular season is that we get to play in the first game today, starting at noon Eastern time, which is 9AM Jimmy time. I set the tivo but am closely following the game online. I debated trying a 'news blackout' and watching it when I got home w/o knowing what happened, but knew I had zero chance of going thru an entire work day without someone emailing/texting/calling or whatever.
My buddy Scooter sent me a text msg about the game right after tip off. I texted him right back & said "you can email me - I'm at my desk". His reply: "I'm at a bar so I have to text". Then I called him a name.
They're looking all right so far-- up 40-29 at halftime. We're hitting lots of 3s which doesn't usually last for the whole game but we'll see. More worrisome is that our big man Hibbert left early w/2fouls, zero shots, zero points.
On another note (get it - note? like Federal Reserve note?) - is everyone as excited as I am about the new 5-dollar bills that came out today? Last time a redesign of the 5 happened was right before Irene and I got married, in May 2000. I got my first new one the day of our wedding and decided it was good luck, so I kept it (which wasn't so easy, since we were in Vegas). I still have it in my wallet today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment