Jeffy only went 4 innings in last night's 8-0 drubbing from the Angels. I am doing the unprecedented, and hereby revoking the Schrute buck he earned a few weeks back, leaving him with a grand total of zero Schrute bucks, a 2-10 record, and an ERA of 6.32 for the season.I looked it up and he was 3-10, 6.29 (thru 16 starts--the same number he's had here) when the Angels gave up on him last year. So he was actually one win better & had a marginally lower ERA than he has this season--and they dropped him. When will Bavasi do the same? I'm guessing never, since that would require the Ms management to actually do something mid-season other than trade a guy like Mateo.
How can a team that thinks it's playoff ready have a 2-10 guy in its starting rotation? When will Bavasi be fired? These are the kinds of questions I'd like to know the answers to.
Lastly, here are the probables for the Sox-Ms series this weekend, according to the Boston Globe:
Friday, Aug. 3
Jon Lester (Red Sox) vs. Horacio Ramirez (Mariners)
Saturday, Aug. 4
Daisuke Matsuzaka (Red Sox) vs. Jarrod Washburn (Mariners)
Sunday, Aug. 5
Curt Schilling (Red Sox) vs. Miguel Batista (Mariners)
Jon Lester (Red Sox) vs. Horacio Ramirez (Mariners)
Saturday, Aug. 4
Daisuke Matsuzaka (Red Sox) vs. Jarrod Washburn (Mariners)
Sunday, Aug. 5
Curt Schilling (Red Sox) vs. Miguel Batista (Mariners)
Looks good on paper but you'll get no predictions from me--I know how bad the Sox play in Seattle. They've lost their last 8 games at Safeco.
No comments:
Post a Comment