Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Too much to ask

Is it too much to ask if I want cheap but good food in Seattle? I usually pack a lunch for work, but on a rare occasion I won't. Today I couldn't decide what to eat so I headed over to Pike Place Market to see what would catch my fancy. I stopped to get a char sui bao (or humbow, as Seattlites call it here) at Mee Sum Pastry. To my dismay, it was $2.25. Yes, it was alittle bigger than the ones you might find in Chinatown (or the International District as Seattlites call it here), but $2+ is quite alot to pay for a pork bun. Still hungry, I wandered over to DeLaurenti for a pizza slice. They don't do round pies; they're actually rectangular but I'm not quite convinced you could call it a Sicilian pizza (you know what I mean if you've ever had pizza in New York City). The slice was only $2.45 for plain cheese. It wasn't bad but the crust was hard and alittle tough to chew.

Life would be so much better if Seattle could offer decent inexpensive food. At least I can't complain when I pack my own lunch.

No comments: