Wednesday, October 11, 2006

I'M LAME

I haven't blogged in what seems like months - here's what's been happening:

I'm very happy to report that I finally finished reading Don Quixote about 2 weeks ago. It was L-O-N-G, and to me not all that great, to tell the truth. I'm sure it was cutting edge back in 1605 and an important step in the development of the modern novel, but it just kind of goes on and on, and there's not much of a story line carried through the whole thing, other than DQ being Craz-ee. And that whole windmill thing? Done & forgotten in the first 50 pages (of over 1000). I think it may be so well known because that's as far as a lot of people make it.

Much of Part2 (which originally came out in 1615, 10 yrs after part 1) is DQ & Sancho staying at the castle of a Duke & Duchess who play practical jokes on them for laughs, so I guess you could also say it may have important in the development of modern prank TV, like Candid Camera and Punk'd. I say read Les Miserables if you're looking for a brick-sized classic--that was great, a genuine page turner (really!).

Irene and I went to DC this past weekend to see Joe & Andrea. Had an awesome time, did a few museums, dinner with my Hoya buddies at the ginormous new downtown Clyde's and a crab feast at the Quarterdeck in Arlington with our newly relocated friends the no-longer Seattle Walshes, some boozing, a movie (Jackass #2!), saw Robbie Fulks live-- we were busy! We'll be going to Berlin, Dresden and Prague with J&A next month - can't wait for that!

to be continued tomorrow - gotta catch my bus

No comments: