Monday, October 16, 2006

Crypted from Jim's Rant on Spezio

I'm posting this from Jim's email.

In case any of you haven't been following this--despite hitting a Cirillo-like .196 during his 2 years here (in Seattle) including a remarkable .064 (that's 3 for 47! - I looked it up) in 2005, Scott Spiezio has been killing the ball during the playoffs, hitting 2-out triples etc etc. Jack Buck said "Spiezio again!" after another big hit. This either proves that the NL really really sucks or that he was seriously tanking it when he was here with his buddy Bavasi. The answer's probably a combo of the two.

Spiezio has even turned into a folk hero in St Louis, like Johnny Damon was in 04 for the Sox, with fans are even wearing fake bright red soul patches to look like him (see attached photo at bottom). weirdo

OK I'll stop my rant now--just remember that I was the first one who told you that the tigers will sweep whoever comes out of the NL (sorry Keith)



I agree that the fad has gone to people's head.

No comments: