Tuesday, September 26, 2006

It's #%#$# o'clock in the morning

Guess who decided to show up an hour early to work today? Yup, yours truly got to work by 5:20AM. 5:20AM!!! Why, you ask? Somehow, I changed the time on my alarm clock so I got up earlier than I was supposed to. Actually, it was so early when I got up that I don't actually remember hearing my alarm go off. I wonder now if I just imagined it, or simply checked the clock (without my glasses) and thought it was time to get up. I didn't realize my mistake till I was already on the bus and notice that it wasn't 5AM yet. I thought my watch battery was dying and lost time. What an idiot I can be!!!

Of course, I'm going to blame all this on King County Metro. They recently changed the bus schedule, and I was completely caught unaware Monday morning when my usual 6:04AM #18 Express never showed up (it would take about 15 minutes to get to work). I had to take the local bus, so I was 15 minutes late getting to work. For some reason, King County Metro decided that people don't need any express buses leaving from Ballard till 6:30AM. I guess they think people who work before 7AM should suffer a mind-numbing, stop-at-every-freaking-bus-stop-between-Ballard-and-downtown bus ride.

No comments: