Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Guerrilla Art




I haven't heard of a famous guerilla artist since Keith Haring. I remember taking the train around New York City, and seeing his drawings at various stations. I loved them then and still love them now.

I recently found out about another guerrilla artist, Banksy. He has sneaked his work into the British Museum, Tate Gallery, MOMA, the Met, and the Brooklyn Museum of Art. He recently had a show in Los Angeles. True to nature, the location of the 3-day exhibit was kept secret till hours before it opening. People weren't given the exact address, merely a street name; I'm sure people had to consult with the Thomas Guides to figure out where to go. BBC posted some photos of the LA show.


Banksy's definitely subversive and provocative, but I love his work. Thanks to Angelina Jolie for bringing him to my attention. No, she didn't call or email about the show in LA. I happened upon a story about her going to the show, and it peeked my curiosity.

No comments: