It's been an interesting year so far. Today is the first day of spring, and the sun is out. What's there to complain about? I (still) don't have a job! I've been looking since January, and it's been frustrating. Of course, I've been more picky about what jobs I've been applying for. I've been looking for positions at non-profits, but it seems like you really have to know someone to get the job. Have I mentioned it's been frustrating. I haven't had such a hard time looking for a job since after college. Guess the time off travelling is biting me in the ass now.
I still wouldn't trade those adventures for any job in the world. I believe the time off has made me better appreciate what life really has to offer. Who needs a McMansion, a new car, a pedigree pet, awesome vacations at megaresorts? Give a roadmap and guidebook, my best friend/husband, and a mode of transportation -- and I'll show you how to have a fun time.
Monday, March 20, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment