Monday, March 13, 2006

2 More Days

It's been five days since Jim left for Ireland, and I'm missing him terribly. I really can't complain too much since Fred's been good about keeping me company. He's been a good boy, especially when I feed him when it's time. It's been real sunny for the past few days. Fred's taken to sleeping in the patches of sunlight coming through the living room and kitchen.

This past Saturday, I volunteered for the first time with SeattleWorks. SeattleWorks post a calendar of volunteer opportunities. I opted to volunteer at the SmartGirls conference at Seattle University. It was an all-day conference for middle school girls to take courses in science and math. Sounded like a great thing, but it turned out that the volunteers were left to ask as hallway monitors to help girls find their next class and lunch room monitor. Not too exciting... I'll give it a few more tries before I make up my mind.

No comments: