Monday, March 24, 2014

Last bedtime conversation with Tommy as a 3 year old

Tommy turns 4 tomorrow. Here's my final bedtime conversation with him as a 3 year old.

Jim: You know, (classmate)'s mom is having another baby girl very soon.
Tommy: So is mommy
J: She is? Who told you that?
T: Mommy did.
J: Well, I'll have to talk to her about that. Do you know where babies come from, Tommy?
T: Yes.
J: Where?
T: From Portland!
J: All right then, good night little buddy.

I have no idea how he put that together. He has cousins in Portland but they are both much older than he is so I don't think he's ever met a baby from Portland.

Naturally he was up again  less than 5 minutes later because he had to poop, but this was our last meaningful conversation of the evening.

Whatev. Any way you slice it my little man will be 4 years old tomorrow. Happy Birthday Tommy!

No comments: