Thursday, March 05, 2009

Jimmy's new job

Lots of people have been asking me so I thought I'd do a blog post about my new job.

I was unemployed for about 3 weeks and found myself with 2 job offers a couple weeks ago. One was for a long-term contracting gig at Microsoft doing paid search mktg, thru the same consulting firm I worked for a few years ago, before I started at WaMu. The other was doing email marketing/customer segmentation and analysis with Big Fish Games, a fairly new company that sells downloadable computer games. Their slogan is 'a new game every day' and they really do intro a new one every day of the year.

I decided to go with the full-time position on this side of the lake with the smaller company. It seemed like a better fit for me, to be in the smaller place, and hopefully be able to make much more of an impact there.

I start at Big Fish next Monday, March 9, and am pretty excited to get started. As I told Irene the other day: it's the first time since I started at Amazon on St. Patrick's Day 1997 that I'll be starting a job someplace where I don't already know someone, so I'm a little nervous about that but they all seemed pretty cool when I interviewed, so I think it'll work out well. Watch this space for further updates.

In the meantime--go download a game here! (you can play the first hour of any game for free & only have to pay anything if you decide you want to keep it & buy the full version)

4 comments:

Bob said...

Congrarats Jim!!

Dignan9 said...

I knew you'd land on your feet, sweet gig. Congratulations!

PVII said...

Sounds like a good job. That nervousness is a good thing, so take it and run with it. Glad to hear there are jobs to be had out there (I should probably buckle down and get me one of those someday).

Denise Martel said...

hope Day One is going well! there are a ton of cool games there. I will support you and get some!