My sister, Helen, came out to Seattle for the chance to hang out with her niece. Little did she know that she would succumb to the stomach bug that got Jim and Iris sick. It did take her 3 days before she started puking. So now, Jim, Iris and Helen are home recovering while I'm at work.
Jim and Helen gets to enjoy a bland diet (if they're able to eat) while they wait for their tummies to feel better. I'm happy to that Iris hasn't lost her appetite at all; we're just concerned that she stays hydrated. She was sent home on Monday midday because she had diarrhea. I guess we were pushing our luck yesterday after she woke up on Sunday morning with a horrific blowout-of-all-blowout diaper. It took all three of us to get her cleaned up, changed, and bathed -- all before 7am. Luckily she hasn't had any episodes at home since being sent home sick.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I don't come down with the bug. My sister Sheila and Helen's husband, Martin, arrives for a visit this Friday. We're all supposed to go visit our other sister, Shirley, in Portland over the weekend. Let's hope this doesn't become an epidemic.
Tuesday, June 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment