here's Barry receiving props from former Mariner Randy "Winny" Winn after HR #2 that day:
and I think that might be Ben holding up that sign,though it would probably be held up much higher if it really is him:

ALSO: here's the latest update on my ipod a-z project, which I started on January 1, 2006. My goal is to listen to the entire contents of my ipod, al l in alphabetical order.
as of 4:23 PM Monday July 23: Currently listening to "Some Might Say" by Oasis. (I just heard "Some Like It Hot" by Power Station 3 times in a row from a number of 80s compilation cds I have on there--really glad that's over with).
"Some Might Say" is song #10617 of 14412.
I had hoped to finish by the end of this year, and still might but I'll need to focus and stop listening to other stuff when I'm at work. Big thanks to Kris for helping me stay on task with this when we were visiting her family's place outside of San Jose a couple weeks ago--we cranked through a lot of the S's that weekend. (Thanks for hosting us too!)
1 comment:
It was a fun day in Wrigleyville... plus the CUBS WON! There were a bunch of people right in front of us with some high-tech signs: an asterix drawn on a paper plate. The two old birds sitting behind us were very vocally unhappy that people were jumping up for the Bonds home runs. Ben's cousin Ken was late for the game and was out on the street to see 752 bounce about 40 feet in front of him. (It got closer and closer each time he told the story, up to 15 feet by the end of the day. That was just the Old Style talking.)
Wow, I get a post AND my own label! It will be my goal to see that"chick" label on I heart Fred as often as possible...
Post a Comment