Sunday, June 24, 2007

When nature calls











Squat toilets are always puzzling to me. It's simple to figure out to use IF there is toilet paper, but what do you do when there's only a pitcher of water? I came across an article that explains how to use a squat toilet. After reading it, I'm not sure I can still do it. It really makes me think twice before signing up with the Peace Corps. If you're curious, check out the article, http://www.worldhum.com/how_to/item/use_a_squat_toilet_20060923/.

1 comment:

Bob said...

One startling image from my short boyhood in th PI is accidentally walking in on my grandpa (I think) who was visiting from the province (boodocks, that is) to our home near Manila. He was actually doing what your sign says not to do - squatting on top of the toilet seat - probably the only way his sphincter muscles could let him go...Hey, you started this topic.