Friday, June 30, 2006

A little coffee with your drink


Welcome to Seattle where everyone, including their mother, loves coffee! My office building has three Starbucks, and there's always a line in any one of them no matter what time of day. This morning I really needed a caffeine fix so off I go to guess which Starbucks is the least crowded. Boy did I guess wrong! There were people ahead of me picking up coffee for their office -- Grande Vanilla Latte, Grande Chai Latte, Grande Latte with no foam and extra hot, Pomegranate Fruit Drink, etc... Not a single drip coffee or Americano in the bunch. It reminded me of the scene in L.A. Story when everyone at the restaurant ordered espresso but with something a little different from everyone else. I know anyone who's ever stood in line at Starbucks, Tully’s, Peets, {insert any corporate coffee monger}, you've already heard what you may think is the most pretentious coffee drink ever. After the 15th drink, I thought I was going to have a cow but luckily they exclaimed that they were done. They left Starbucks joking that they should bring a marker next time to put names on the drinks. Snarky assholes! They didn't even have apologized for making everyone wait for their coffee.

I love coffee like everyone else but I think people are getting out of hand with ordering specific coffee drinks. Starbucks is enabling people to become coffee assholes.

No comments: